Saturday, November 17, 2012

Crock Pot Meal: Beef Fajitas

Slow Cooked Beef Fajitas adapted from Ring around the Rosies



 Placed in a tortilla shell and top with your favorite toppings! Here I used sharp cheddar cheese and plain greek yogurt (makes a great substitute for sour cream!)

  • 1 lb beef round steak cut into strips
  • 1 8 oz cans diced tomatoes w/ chiles
  • 1 small onion
  • 1 green pepper, cut into strips
  • 1 red pepper, cut into strips
  • 2 tsp cilantro, 2 cloves garlic, minced, 2 tsp chili powder , 2 tsp cumin, salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 jalapeno chopped 

Cook on low 5-6 hours (for me it was more like 10. And the food was still good!). Scoop with slotted spoon onto flour (or corn) tortillas, alternatively serve a top rice (although then it's no longer a fajita). Garnish! Ideas include sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), avocado, shredded cheese and pico de gallo.

This meal was easy to make and tasted pretty good. I know you could make this easier (and with a similar outcome) just by stir frying it but I do still love the convenience of coming home to something already warm after a long day. The only real change I would make would be to add some salt to the meat. You just need a little more salt (perhaps a teaspoon or two) to better bring out the flavor. Additionally, I served this alone, but I think I need to add a side. Spanish rice perhaps? Let me know if you have any good ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment